Mitch Albom

If you've read Tuesdays with Morrie, you know who Mitch Albom is. My one day read today is called "For One More Day". And here are my favorite quotes:

People figure I crossed the line. The truth is there is no line. There's only your life, how you mess it up, and who is there to save you. Or who isn't.

Mothers support certain illusions about their children, and one of my illusions was that I liked who I was, because she did. When she passed away, so did that idea.

You can be a mama's boy or a daddy's boy. But you can't be both.So you cling to the one you think you might lose

Kids chase the love that eludes them.

A child should never have to choose.


and here's more:


When he went blundering back to God,

His songs half written, his work half done,

Who knows what paths his bruised feet trod,

What hills of peace or pain he won?


I hope God smiled and took his hand,

And said, "Poor truant, passionate fool!

Life's book is hard to understand:

Why couldst thou not remain at school?


- Charles Hanson Towne

Comments

Popular Posts