Aja!

My new battle cry for the moment.

In one of my comfort trips to my friends house, after the usual feed-the-down-trodden ritual (a great cheese sandwich roll cooked right there for me, ice cream and Oreos), we sat down for several hours to mourn, laugh and burn out all the usual libak-the-fafalicious of the world.

I had a special treat that day. My friend sent me home with a San Francisco t-shirt and a whole pile of Korean Telenovelas with good english sub-titles.

I hate watching telenovelas on tv. I can't stand not knowing what happens next. After Criminal Minds decided to blow up one of the agent's black cars without us knowing which agent got killed was uurrrrgggghhhhhh ... just eeeeeevil! Good thing we forgot the suspense by watching Danny Crane! Sigh. Not having cable tv is not so bad as long as you get a steady stream of tv series on dvds - hehehe.

Anyway, back to Korean telenovelas. Finished watching Lovers in Paris (Aja!)

and My Girl.


Can't help but love both. Takes you back to Pride and Prejudice - Korean style. Because I couldn't stop watching it, I went around work floating. I didn't get much sleep just watching both series. It was almost torture not being able to watch it. It was that addicting. My sisters and I all went to bed hesitantly at 2am. We had to peel ourselves off the sofa so we could work the next morning or force ourselves to turn off the dvd player. I wouldn't recommend them on busy days. But sigh, I love them.

Aja!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Have you watched the Korean Version of My Sassy Girl?

It's the best I have seen so far :P

Popular Posts