Watching The Legend ... (Spoiler Alert!)

Friday night. I was just tired to the bone and if I had wings, I would've flown home. Traffic was terrible everywhere. They had closed main entrances to the city because of the Drum and Bugle Parade for Dinagyang. And the highway was flooded with cars - all wanting to see the first night of Luces In The Sky - the fireworks contest down on SM City. Everyone had something to do and somewhere to go but I just wanted to go home. My limits with crowded, noisy places are quite ...well, limited. hehe.

After enjoying a few minutes of the Fireworks (I can see the high ones just outside my driveway), I settled in for my last episode of Legend. This is an advance treat for me. I'm looking at two days of heat, crowd and noisy people during the weekend so I wanted to claim Friday night for my peace and quiet. So before the lights went out, I started watching the last episode of The Legend.

I love the series. I love how it ended. I wish they had a novel in English for it because I found a lot of the conversations wise and worth remembering (at least those I translated in my head and assuming I translated correctly ;). Tande, now King, finally got rid of the evil that wanted to take the powers of the Four Gods away. The deities have all been revealed and had a bond with the king that would win him wars, should he have all the other symbols with him. He was in the position to end the war, be a good king and finally enjoy a quiet life with his woman and son. If he just kills Qixia, he would also be free of her. But instead, he chose to take the powers of the deities, return the four hosts to their human form and leave the human world so humankind be rid of the powers of the Gods. I love it.

It's like saying this: If all men were equal, and no men had power over another, and no power were available for evil men to fight over, then peace for humankind would be more ... lasting, maybe - more permanent. It's like Frodo throwing over the Ring to the depths of Mount Doom. Ganun ka galing yun. :) Imagine if that were only true for leaders of this world. If there only was a ring that could get rid of all evil and one Tande or Frodo to lead ... just imagine. Sigh.

Hahaha. I realize that I'm probably the only one who can understand this blog entry when I read it again but I don't care. All I want to say is that I really love the story.

Hay, me and my literary idolatry.

P.s. My computer's name is still David. But now it has pics of BYJ all over it - hahahaha.



My Kasadyahan and Dinagyang post will come after the ordeal is over. Kapish?

Comments

Popular Posts