Heavy!

I seem to be spending more time with friends lately. Went out Saturday to a kids birthday party (with Tinkerbell) and spent the evening catching up with my Catholic buddies who I love dearly for not judging me for giving up religion :)

We spent the night watching the younger generations hobknob (It was a graduation night) with their friends. One thing we agreed that changed when we were their age - girls, wear dresses. I don't know if they did this every night but making me wear a dress at that age was like pulling teeth. Anyway, that was a welcome break from an upcoming busy week.

On April 1, a friend and I decided to spend April Fool's together. The day was not significant to us but I thought I should mention it because ... well, we are in one way or another, "fools" or something like that. So I guess that made us April Fools - and I don't mean that in a bad way ;)

We had sandwiches at the Amigo lobby resto, with huge helpings of 'Death By Chocolate" on the side. We also had native hot choco - yummmmmmm - which was probably the reason why we ended up talking for five hours. Was it not a working day, we would've stayed a bit longer but I've been lacking sleep from asthma attacks lately and hot, hot choco will not go well with my steroid meds. Plus I've gained a total of 6 kilos since 2006. NOT GOOD!

Our talks ranged from past loves, to present loves, to raising kids, to difficult parents and work. My friend was ... is a poet. I've known her for most of my adult life and yet I didn't know this part of her. She willingly shared with me thoughts she wrote and I'm so happy to know that she is finding herself at last and has started to write again.

We analyzed love and duty in all its intricacies. We shared words, that turned into ideas and later convictions. She had questions. Lots of it. And I tried to help with answers but ended up asking more questions. Which wasn't so bad at all. I miss talks like this. And I'm glad we had this night out.

As a final thought, let me quote something I copied from my april fool's buddy ... and I really love this. Something to think about when you have nothing else to do :)

... have patience with everything unresolved in your heart and to try to love the questions themselves as if they were locked rooms or books written in a very foreign language. Don't search for the answers, which could not be given to you now, because you would not be able to live them. And the point is to live everything. Live the questions now. Perhaps then, someday far in the future, you will gradually, without even noticing it, live your way into the answer.

Rainer Maria Rilke, 1903
in Letters to a Young Poet


Ganda no?

Amen.

Comments

lea said…
I love the poem... More! More!
duds said…
We should look for the book. LOL.
Nice no?

Are you living your questions Lea? I think I am. Nyahaha!

Popular Posts