Insufferable



My cousin loaned me a copy of BBC's Pride and Prejudice on DVD starring Jennifer Ehle and Colin Firth ... the TV movie which was mentioned in the book Bridget Jone's Diary. Watched in with my sisters and a friend of ours who got hooked into it. He ended up staying until 10pm just to see the end of the movie. The problem was it was an old copy and some parts were not as clear as it should be. We missed the part where Colin Firth is suppose to jump into the water exposing a bit of ass - Sayang. Every time the video konks out, my sister would say, "Insufferable!" It was. But we didn't stop watching until we reached the end.

I've read the book once and loved it. I also loved every movie which mentions it in part or base a whole plot from it. To name a few: You've Got Mail (Tom Hanks and Meg Ryan), Bridget Jones Diary (Colin Firth), Pride and Prejudice (Keira Knightly) among others. And I've just read in Wikipedia that the Japanese manga Hana Yori Dango by Yoko Kamio, was loosely based on Pride and Prejudice. Hana Yori Dango was also the basis for Meteor Garden.

Hay, I just love, love, love, love ... Jane Austen and her books.

Next to Atticus Finch, Mr. Fitzwilliam Darcy would come as a close second. :)

Comments

Popular Posts