Love-Hate ... Choices

I usually love choices. I think people who have choices are the luckiest people in the world.  It's the privilege few who have a vast array of choices and the poor who don't have that much options - and if they do, it's usually a choice between the bad and the ugly.

Now, I usually love choices. But my greatest fear is regret. And choosing between two good options is the biggest conundrum in the world. But not deciding ... is laziness or just plain cowardice. Right now, I'm very fearful of making the wrong good choice. Mostly because I fear I'm going to hit my head on the wall once I make it.

So I'm making a choice and letting the world decide if it was meant for me or not. I would be lying if I say the outcome will not affect me. I have a strong feeling that whichever way the wind blows, I will probably end up banging my head on the wall anyway. And I'm bracing myself for that which I dread.

A wise man once said: "Do that which you dread and cherish your victories with pride. Nothing here can harm you except yourself."

So I choose to be brave and face the consequences even if the consequences will not make me happy. Face my fears. Cherish the victory of my decision. And kick my head in the aftermath.

Hopefully I can pick myself up later and brush my mistake aside. And more importantly, learn from my mistakes. And kick myself some more. Then move on.

I usually love choices.

If only I don't have to make one now.

Comments

Popular Posts