Delta Variant

I reported to work last week a day after I got my negative results for the last swab test. And then I went to work after All Soul's Day thinking everything is now back to "normal". Then I got a call from the City Health Center contact tracer, then a doctor. I was advised to go home, they need me to re-swab. I asked why. They said they just found out that my previous Covid Encounter was of the Delta Variant and they do double re-swabbing for Delta Variant patients just to be sure we don't contaminate anyone because it is said to be more easily transmissible than the regular Covid variants. So I packed my work and headed home again. At home, I got several calls. The first one traced my Covid history - when was I swabbed, when did I get my results, who was I exposed and who did I expose? At home and at work. The second call checked where was I swabbed and to inform me that they will schedule me for my second re-swabbing. The third asked permission to take a picture of my house - for records - just the outside. The fourth asked about symptoms. The fifth informed me that I will be swabbed the next morning. They were not this detailed with questions before they found out that I had the Delta variant. Because it was a bit late considering I had reported to work for at least 4 days before they sent me home.

Anyway, was re-swabbed again for the 6th time this morning - same test - RT-PCR - nose and mouth. And was promised results the next morning. I can't bring myself to sleep or work for some reason. And whatever weight loss I had during the last Covid bout, I gained it all back by stress eating. This is getting ridiculous.


Meanwhile, I put my energy on the fixed up old bedroom which we turned into a walk-in closet and storage area, We marikondo-ed the shit out of that room. Anyway, installed a mirror today, fixed the windows and hopefully re-paint it this weekend. I'm loving this and it's keeping my mind off the test,

Comments

Popular Posts