Isolation part 2

 I apologize for my last post. It was the after effect of shock - "Isolation Again?!" - DUH?! And peppered with disbelief - "Duwa pa lang gani ka-weeks back to work!". Fever started when I got to bed after a late night of consolidating uniform orders – a thankless job I wouldn’t wish on anyone. I knew I was tired but as soon as I hit the bed at midnight, felt the chills which I covered with a blanket and I wondered if it was normal. Then felt everything painful like it’s all been hidden in a fog of exhaustion that cleared up suddenly. I’ve been in bed for two days. Minimum movement – bathroom, meals, move the laptop. Did make an effort to look decent for my online consult with my pulmo doctor. I kept my humor but it was turning dark which explained the dark post. I hate being sick. I hate headaches the most.

I can’t explain the human body – it’s a moving fragile miracle. I do remember being in awe of how brilliantly God is in putting it all together in a Nat Sci course in San Agustin. Limbaga?- I think was the professor’s name. She explained the functions of the human systems in the course. But she did kick me out of class once. We had exams that day and she postponed it coz she thought we needed one last lecture. I asked to be excused coz I has a headache. She insisted I needed the lecture, got mad, gave me a lecture instead then kicked me out. I got the highest score in the exam. And it was not because I was smart. It was because she was a good teacher. Now I wish I’d told her that.
Anyway, I’m not naturally spontaneous nor patient and I suck at anything medical. I learned to be a bit spontaneous from my deranged family who roll with the punches. I learned PATIENCE in church and government work (no explanation needed – so DO VOTE WISELY PLEASE!). My sisters are the medics. I can’t remember when to take my meds or what they’re called (which explains the “cacophony” Atty. E) – they all sound foreign to me. Illness is a setback that brings out the whiny bitch in me. It’s not planned, takes a while to fester and I can’t explain why the body malfunctions. I work better with a plan, a logical purpose that has nothing to do with body fluids.
So yesterday’s post was me embracing the yin to get to the yang. We tend to skip publishing the dark part and show only happy days. Not for me. Folks, that why we study history (BIG political insinuation here!) – so we don’t forget. We need to see the dark to get to the light coz dark is just the absence of light. Which brings me to the mood today … I woke up … and I made a list. My WaWADuDo list. A sense of purpose that is planned, logical and might need a bit of body fluids that I can cope with. So I’ll be alright. Thanks for prayers, well-wishes, advises and the promise of food (hint hint). While people like me do not thrive in captivity, the Beatles say it wisely, “I’ll get by with a little help from my friends.” Salamat gid sa light. #quarantineblues

Comments

Popular Posts