On being Filipina

I ran into this post a couple of weeks ago. I can't help but react. I'm Filipina. Why are we in the beware list? There has been increasing jokes about Filipino maids (on books and on TV). I believe that Filipinos are popular because they are good, resourceful and industrious workers. I know discrimination does happen to fellow Filipinos living abroad. So just wondering, is Filipino the new black? the new arab? the new mulato? It's sad isn't it. That all these people see is just part of the whole when the whole is bigger than the sum of all its parts. Tee hee. Just thinking.

From Paolo Coelho's Warrior of Light:

The warrior knows that he is free to choose his desires, and makes these decisions with courage, detachment and-sometimes-with just a touch of madness.


Amen.

Comments

Popular Posts