Day 4 - Isolation

Still haven’t got my results but my NEGATIVE NEGATIVE NEGATIVE thoughts seemed to be working. That and the prayers and positive thoughts of friends and family. Salamat gid. Shoutout sa nagpadala  SNR green salad and Cheetos. Amo gid to guro nagpa-ayo sa akon.

I was told that a delayed result could mean a negative swab because they prioritize informing the Covid positive patients first. With that in mind, I’m in no hurry to find out now. 

Yesterday, I got thinking WWADD (WaWADuDo)? What Would Andy Dufresne Do? I am isolated in a small room, very much like the innocent inmate played by Tim Robbins in Shawshank Redemption. The book is just as good (Stephen King). So I made a list of things I have to do just to pass the day.  My Rita Hayworth poster is Wi-fi so imagine the possibilities that could do. I do not have to break out of prison but I need to get through quarantine and get out with lessons learned. I still have the damn headache yesterday, but I took a very long nap, and that made me feel better. Rest is always the best medication to a tired soul. 

I feel better now. Took my meds (Paracetamol for headaches, montelukast and inhaler for asthma, Vitamin C to fight the flu-like symptoms, coffee for sanity). I have a 1.2 liter bottle I have to drink and fill twice a day to make sure I get enough H2O. It’s like rationing but making sure I get more instead of less. Watching all those war and armageddon movies did prove useful. I am sure that I will never survive a zombie apocalypse but I now think I can handle quarantine.

I’ve been working on a small high table, much smaller than I’m used to. And since I have limited movement, I’ve made it a point to do my work standing up. I exercise using You Tube.  I communicate with my boss and co-workers through phone and messenger. If I start feeling sorry for myself, I type my thoughts on facebook (only seen by friends) which is enough to start a conversation and stop me from talking to a volleyball.   

You know you’re bored when you start researching Infinity Stones and the members of MCU. I finished Avengers last night (the 7th of the chronology) and woke up with a list of characters, weapons and the gems in my bedside. Dunno where all that came from.

I also took time to make a new emoji. I will be attending my friend’s virtual funeral tomorrow and attending a virtual mass later tonight so I thought I need to be virtually dressed for the occasion. I know he’d appreciate it, being an artist with a great sense of humor and all. I wished he didn’t have to die alone, as so many Covid patients do. 

That’s why it’s important to me that we all get vaccinated, and obey protocols. It’s easy to forget that in the everyday business of life but I guess, we just need to be constantly vigilant. When I was swabbed, I was thanking the swabber coz I understood the difficulty of donning those PPEs. She answered back, “Kay wala ka bi ga halong!”. I had no comeback to that. I thought I’ve been careful. Apparently, not enough. So (hikbi) no more ice cream for me – or at least indi na pwede magdinaluk sa ice cream. Indi na pwede kahutik miskan ga mask. I just need to figure out how to put a bubble between me and my family when I get home from work. I have no idea how that is possible if you live in a small house, a limited budget and shared space. Being asthmatic, a mask all day is unbearable. WWADD?

To my quarantining friends and family (Covid + or not), you are in my thoughts and prayers, sarangan ta dya!  And make a list … WWADD?!   #quarantineblues

Comments

Popular Posts