Marathons and pistachio

I'm developing a great love for pistachio nuts. They are quite expensive but I just love them. I would give up lots of junk foods just for a handful of pistachio nuts. Lets just say, I'm nuts about pistachios.

It's 3 a.m. and I just woke up. Have been catching up with the Sex In The City Marathon. Trying to watch all the episodes I missed and reviewing all the episodes I love. I kept wondering if my cynicism about relationships all evolved from watching that series. But no, not really. I realized a lot of it originated from my own parents' marriage. And I guess partly from the people around me. I was talking to office buddies the other day during lunch. I voiced out a fear that I'm not really wife or mother material. My boss assured me I am and that I'll make a fine wife. But I don't know. I can't even take care of myself. How could I take care of a husband? Much more a child? But he said, you learn these things eventually. It's like riding a bike. The more you do it, the more you become great at it. (Sigh). So I guess I just have irrational fears about marriage. Or maybe I just need to meet the right man. My right Atticus Finch. He can't be that rare, can he? Is he some mythical creature I cooked up from reading too much books?

By the way, I've been doing a lot of walking this past week. My sister and I have made it a habit to walk home for a certain distance. Monday, we made it from the Capitol to Jaro Plaza. Another day, we walked to SM City. Once we made it to Molo Plaza and once to UP. Sometimes, it's a 30-minute brisk walking. Sometimes, it takes an hour. It would depend on the shoes we were wearing that day. For most times, we change into rubber shoes and walk the distance withoug talking to each other. We get lost in our own world of mp3s. So yes, we plan to keep doing this till the rain starts pouring again. I love walking. This might be the only exercise I'll ever get. ;)

Been partying all Saturday. So I spent my Sunday as a vegetable. Watched TV, read my current exasperating read, The Undomestic Goddess which I throw on the wall once in a while, and tried to finish the Nude cross-stitch now going on its 3rd year I think. And I finished a website proposal which I will probably refuse to touch for months again. So much for wanting change. I got to go.

Comments

Popular Posts