Last Temptation

I'm twenty pages away to finishing Harper Lee's "To Kill A Mockingbird". I'm having a trouble putting it down. Was tempted to file for leave this morning, just to get the chance to curl up and play with Jem and Scout - but also wanted to be sensible. And it's because of them children that I now have my priorities in question. I keep looking back at the book. Had to finally lock it up while working so as not to get myself distracted. Seeing the gray cover don't help me any - when my In Tray is packing up with papers to read, files to store, reports to write and print.

Sigh. I now want to marry Atticus Finch. And now wish he could be father to my children - hehehe. It doesn't seem to bother me that he's nearing 50 and he lives in an era where black people are still afraid to walk the earth. But ... (sigh) ... why don't they make men like that anymore? And if they does, where are they'all hiding? Probably in chatrooms ... hidden under absurd names. Hahaha.

To my researcher friend, I now got my premise to write the blog I promised. (Evil laugh). But it will have to wait till after I clean up my In Tray. And if temptation wins, after I'm finished with Harper Lee.

"Shoot all the bluejays you want, if you can hit 'em, but remember it's a sin to kill a mockingbird."

Comments

Popular Posts