Caviar Dreams

While researcher-friend charms the Japanese with his English and the complexities of metal steel bars somewhere in the land of the Rising Sun, writer-friend dreams of Iran as he lays out plans for his return after 10 years of exile. Me, I have visions of Boracay because trip will be during Holy Week pa and I’m still not sure if I can go (sad sigh). Wish I could say I was going to another world but I can't; I haven't. The farthest I’ve been North would be Manila, farthest South would be Davao, farthest East would be Samar and farthest West would be Antique. Yes! I haven't left the shores of this third world country! Grrrr ....

I dream caviar dreams. To be able to walk the length of the Great Wall; to hide out in the streets of New York; to go see the Eiffel Tower and take a picture of it’s base – because nobody ever thought of it, except one crazy doctor (hehehe); to push the leaning Tower of Pisa back to its rightful place; to visit the Louvre and see the structure Dan Brown describes in his book; to set my watch by Big Ben while riding the Eye and while at it go visit the bridge on my header. I’d like to be able to pet a koala, waddle with penguins, ride a camel or lift the trunk of an African elephant; then pick cherry blossoms in Tokyo and meet a Geisha; and enjoy autumn in Canada where I will pretend I’m Anne of Green Gables.

I don’t have a passport. I can’t even afford a plane ticket to Manila. But I can go to Boracay (Please! Please! pretty please God!) … and I can read books, and I can lose myself in movies, and I can learn different languages with people I meet in the net. Ni hao ma? Sa’lam. Aya Sho’ma Mi’da’rid? Konnichiwa? Toire wa doko desu ka? – hahaha. Tedanhi Kamsahamnida.

For now I will be content with having had the chance to pray with monks in Bukidnon, to mingle with the locals of South Cotabato, to see McArthur in Cebu, to marvel at Imelda Marcos’ bathroom in Leyte, go bowling in Negros, go clubbing in Makati and get lost, dance through Capiz, be able to move Antiquenos, see the caves of Ajuy, go snorkeling in San Joaquin, swim in Estancia and return and never get tired of the sands of Boracay.

Next trip … Bohol. Halina Biyahe tayo! Inshallah. Kabay pa.


P.S. What ever happened to the Tagboard website? Is it on vacation, too?

Comments

odette said…
i love to travel too. i dream of going to europe someday but since i don't have the moolah for that, it's boracay for me this summer and bicol before the year ends (sana) ...
duds said…
Boracay has been cancelled. The visitors we were expecting can't get a flight anywhere here. All flights fully booked. :( But that's ok. I'll go hide out somewhere else. :) Happy long weekend on holy week everyone.

Popular Posts