Burn for me baby

I got burned. Literally.

Was getting ready for a bath last Friday and tripped and landed on the kettle full of water. Boiled water spilled on my lower cheek, neck and chest. I was red as ripe tomatoes and tender as freshly boiled potatoes. OOOOOOOUCH!!!!

It hurt like hell! First aid was a handy jar of petroleum jelly and cold water and ice. My skin looks ghastly. I feel terrible. I feel ugly. I feel stinging pain and wish it would end soon.

I now empathize with the elephant man. But I learned from a National Geographic TV Show (about yawning) that I am more empathetic than most. :) And too much empathy is not such a bad thing. wehehe.

Humor me will you. I need major cheering up.

No comments: