Personal Legend

My friend has been telling me all about Oprah. She can't stop watching her and the wisdom - mostly for women - that she gets from the show. I'm an Oprah watcher too. I don't watch it every night but I do enjoy it when I can. Today, I got home and my sisters were watching Oprah with guests like Martha Beck etc. They were talking about thinking positive, the laws of attraction and something about a love list :) They say what you give off is what you attract.

And I remembered this tiny book that has words that I keep repeating to myself over and over again. Paulo Coelho's "The Alchemist" says:
"When you pursue your personal legend the universe will conspire with you to make it happen."
"My heart is afraid that it will have to suffer," the boy confides to the alchemist one night as they look up at a moonless night.
"Tell your heart that the fear of suffering is worse than the suffering itself," the alchemist replies. "And that no heart has ever suffered when it goes in search of its dreams, because every second of the search is a second's encounter with God and with eternity."


I just came home from a talk with a friend. She was asking me if I could be part of a panel to talk to kids - about 500 of them all about my days in the youth ministry. I said no for personal reasons. The reasons were superficial but might prove to be something the kids need not hear - at least, not until they've grown in their spirituality. I told her I am pursuing a journey, that I am at home with myself, and that I appreciate what I have and what's been happening to me. And she affirmed, I am in the right place :)

I am in pursuit of happiness. :) My own personal legend. And it is what I choose it to be. And I do believe that the universe is conspiring to make things happen to me. And God is happy with that.

My last post, I was talking about needing new clients for the second half of the year. A day after, I got an email from a client asking for a meeting. How's that for conspiracy?!

Comments

Popular Posts