The Speed of Dark

The Speed of Dark is a near-future science fiction novel by American author Elizabeth Moon. The story is told from the first person viewpoint of an autistic process analyst. It won the Nebula Award for Best Novel in 2003, and was also an Arthur C. Clarke Award finalist.

Just finished the book. I am ... feeling good at the moment. I liked it so much I needed to blog about it but now I have no words to describe it. The ending was unexpected. Sad and happy at the same time. It seems like I'm feeling both. I totally love the new Lou Arrendale. It can be very scientific but those were necessary. I love the way it was written. It was like living inside an autistic person. Very enlightening. It's wonderful. I really love it. Must read.

Some quotes:
It's all knowing what to start with. If you start in the right place and follow all the steps, you will get to the right end.

No matter what I do, no matter how predictable I try to make my life, it will not be any more predictable than the rest of the world. Which is chaotic.

One thing nobody can do better than you is be you.

People are people, messy and mutable, combining differently with one another from day to day - even hour to hour.

Comments

Popular Posts