Saturdays

Saturdays have lost its luster. I used to love Saturdays. It's my only chance to sleep through the day and not get out of bed until I get hungry or had to pee. But now, my Saturdays are spent in front of the computer, working extra hours for the office, or working on some project for some added income. Now I know what my Mom felt when she had to teach on weekends just to get seven loudmouths through college.

The business is picking up but sad to say, I still find it difficult to get a client to pay the price I want. Everyone wants cheap labor and instant results. Nobody seems to want quality work anymore. Numbers are important they say. I know numbers are important to me. I do want to get enough for all my trouble. But working is not exciting anymore if I have to count on money more than fulfillment. I guess that's how the cookie crumbles. I will get there. I just need to build a reputation and a steady clientelle. Sigh. I knew it was going to be hard.

Look! I'm in good company: Another Girl At Play

Anyway, a new vector. This time it's of Liam, the small impish Canadian guy that visits the office often, steals my apples, give out tight hugs and big kisses. He turned five a few days ago. Click on the image to see website for bigger view.

Comments

Popular Posts