Flash Mob

From wikipedia: A flash mob (or flashmob) is a large group of people who assemble suddenly in a public place, perform an unusual action for a brief time, then quickly disperse. The term flash mob is generally applied only to gatherings organized via telecommunications, social media, or viral emails. The term is generally not applied to events organized by public relations firms or as publicity stunts.

Saw my first flash mob dance while watching an episode of Weeds. Love it so much, I almost broke into tears - hahaha. Then my sister said that there was a flash mob that happened again in Oprah. Posted it below. And another one at the Central Station in Belgium. Then a different one in Singapore, London, Australia. Maybe they already had one in the Philippines. If someone plans to organize one here in Iloilo, Please Please let me know! I want to be right in the middle of it. I don't want to be at the side watching.

Central Station in Antwerp, Beligium - Do Re Mi by Julie Andrews


The Oprah Show, Chicago - I Got A Feeling by the Black Eyed Peas


Advertisement by T-Mobile, Liverpool St., London, England - All Time Favorites Medley


Raffles Place (Been here!), Singapore - Medley including Nobody (Wonder Girls), You're the One That I want (Grease)


Piccadily Circus, London - All The Single Ladies by Beyonce


Mall of Asia, Philippines - Medley


Weeds Episode


On a lesser note, we did something like this before in a smaller scale. It started with a Thriller wedding entourage video in You Tube. My family decided to replicate a similar dance in my cousin's wedding. The whole family gathered for 5 nights practicing Thriller and Disco Inferno. Nobody but us knew that we were dancing. My cousin and his bride did the customary bride and groom dance, then all of a sudden the whole family (young and old) were on the dance floor dancing to Thriller/Disco Inferno in what seemed to be a spontaneous dance number. The guests were thrilled and surprised but we enjoyed it as much as they did.


I guess the best thing about it is that it looked so spontaneous and took unsuspecting onlookers by surprise. It just seems like you were at the right place at the right time - and that's always a pleasant feeling isn't it?

Comments

Popular Posts