Busy but good

Been so busy this past week with workshops and paperwork. The first seminar was on website updating which was quite fun considering all the wacky people who were with me. As part of an exercise, my partner and I took Hugh Grant’s head and placed it in Superman’s body. I think we have found someone to replace Christopher Reeve if Hugh only wears a body suit. I had wanted to place my head on Renee Zellweger, but she doesn’t have my boobs. Hahaha. Realized that my head is right where it should be.

The second workshop was on office-process flow-charting, meant for officers but I had to attend because I was the administrative-designate (meaning, nobody wanted the job) and was unlucky enough to draw a number and hence, make a presentation on the assignment. I did and impressed them with a powerpoint presentation. Hehehe – suckers! It’s easy to dazzle people who don’t type their own reports in a computer with colored pictures that move. Anyway, I was made to draw a lot of squares, circles and arrows … but I was really there for the free food – hehehe, kidding. I learned a great deal and will have more assignments related to this. Glad for the chance to make a contribution to the office.

Because of the seminars, I had to do a lot of overtime to catch up with my regular work load. So I took everything home and finished all paperwork before deadline only to have the President disrupt the spontaneous flow of things. She decides to visit my city. I clapped only when she finished her speech. I’m starting to think this country needs a dictator – a good one, for a complete regeneration. One who doesn’t kill, kidnap or put people in jail out of a whim and one who doesn’t have a wife with shoe-fetish.

I just recently discovered that I am attracted to older men. Hehehe. There were a lot of Spanish foreigners roaming around the building. And my sister was pointing to this cute young Spaniard with long hair. He was cute but not really my type. The older some men get, the smarter they look. So I think it’s always better to discover the insides before you learn to appreciate the outside. I don’t mind young men with great biceps but there’s nothing like a guy who knows exactly what he wants, where he wants it and knows where to get it. Don’t you think? Hmmmmmm ………… hahaha. Some things are better etched in the mind than on blog. So zip!

I didn’t apply for the scholarship to finish college. I was not qualified. After I had my school records checked, I was told that I would need to repeat most of the courses there. The curriculum has changed drastically and I’ve been out of the academic circle for about nine years. The computer courses I had taken have become obsolete. What was DOS then is now Java. And I would need to get new courses for about one year before I qualify for the scholarship. Never mind that I’m learning more at work then I do in school. Bummer! I could take night classes but the only school that offers night classes in this city is one I didn’t want to go to. I met a lot of very stupid teachers in that school so I didn’t really want to waste my money on learning nothing just to get school credits. So there. I am an official college drop-out. So sue me! To all young kids out there, FINISH SCHOOL!

Despite the set deadline for the removal of my mouth splint, my dentist told me it will have to stay a few more months. She will be attaching braces on my upper-teeth soon (Boo-hoo, I will have a full-metal mouth!) and the splint will have to stay till the upper teeth adjust itself. The good news is, I could see the difference in my jaw alignment. I do look slightly better. Underline the word slightly - Hehehe. Sigh. The splint is not so bad. It’s not noticeable until I remove it to brush my teeth. The braces however will be another story and I slowly await for the torture to start.

I was told Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince is out. To anyone in my immediate vicinity who plans on buying this book, I’d like you to know I’m borrowing it after you’re done. Hehehe.

Jeepney fare is up so we will stop taking the taxi. The bills are paid. The country will be taking drastic measures to save and come up with money to take care of expenses. Remember the song that goes: The future so bright, I got to wear shades? My song goes: The future is brighter, with shades. Hehehe. And I’m resting for the weekend. Well, not exactly. I’ve been writing and then looking for pictures for a Photo Friday entry. I’m also thinking of watching the new Batman movie. And catch-up on blogs and my tribe therapies. Ah, and sleep. Everything is good. I’m good.

Comments

Popular Posts